Intel® Developer Cloud
Help connecting to or getting started on Intel® Developer Cloud
138 Discussions

Cloud instance kept idle- costs incurred

Pavj
Beginner

Hi ,

My cloud redeemed credits incurred as the instance was left idle. Can you please help me how can I get the coupon redeemed?

Thanks,

Krishna Pavani

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
Erza_Intel

Hi Pavj,

Thank you for reaching out to us.

Kindly be informed that during your instance reservation period, the billing is being charged even though the instance is not being used until you manually terminate it, or it reaches the expiration date.

Additionally, please follow these steps to redeem the coupon:

1. Sign in to your Intel® Developer Cloud Console account.
  2. Click on the Profile icon on the top right corner.
  3. Select Cloud Credits.
  4. Click on the Redeem Coupon.
  5. Enter your coupon code and click Redeem.

Please let us know if this help.

Regards,

Erza

Pavj
Beginner

Hi Ezra,

Thanks for reaching out on providing the suggestions. I have few questions in this regard.

1. While trying to redeem the existing coupon as the instance credit was already applied. Is there any way I can get any other coupon to complete this project?

Pavj_0-1712791766944.png

2. While working on this project, how can I make sure that instance status is in stop state rather than ready state to avoid any costs. GUI doesn't show me that option. I launched it as its taking time to launch I took a break and missed to check that credits were applied to it.

Thanks.

Pavani

0 Kudos
Luwe_Intel

Hi Pavj,

To redeem the other coupon code, please fill up the Cloud Credits Request form and submit it to request for more cloud credits. Kindly be informed that you need to have a strong justification to get the cloud credits request approved. Please use your company/university email when requesting/registering. Using a personal email to apply for the cloud credits will not be entertained. The decision to approve or reject this cloud credit request is out of our control, and this is done purely by management. 

Unfortunately, we do not have the GUI option to stop or pause an instance. Instead, you can only manually stop for the instance. Kindly be informed that during your instance reservation period, the instance only belongs to you from the time you start to launch it until you manually stop it, or the instance reached its expiration date. Thus, the credits and billing will still be charged even though the instance is not being used. We apologize for any inconvenience caused.

For your information, here are the steps to manually stop for an instance:

1. From My instances, in main console, assure that your instance appears.
  2. Under Actions, select the Delete button.
  3. At the dialog “Delete instance”, select Delete to confirm your choice.

Hope this helps. Do let us know if you are facing any other issues.

Regards,

Luwe

0 Kudos
Luwe_Intel

Hi Pavj,

This thread will no longer be monitored since we have provided suggestions. If you need any additional information from Intel, please submit a new question.

Regards,

Luwe

0 Kudos