Intel® Developer Cloud
Help connecting to or getting started on Intel® Developer Cloud
138 Discussions

Intel LLM Fine Tuning with Hugging Face

Sid5
Novice

from transformers import AutoModelForSequenceClassification, AutoTokenizer

# Define the path to the checkpoint
checkpoint_path = r"./results/checkpoint-1000" # Replace with your checkpoint folder

# Load the model
model = AutoModelForSequenceClassification.from_pretrained("Training/AI/GenAI/ai-innovation-bridge/workshops/ai-workloads-with-huggingface/results/checkpoint-1000")

# Load the tokenizer
tokenizer = AutoTokenizer.from_pretrained("distilbert-base-uncased")
from transformers import cached_file

# Replace with the actual values
path_or_repo_id = "username/repository"
filename = "model_file.bin"
cache_dir = "path/to/cache_dir"

# Download the file
resolved_file = cached_file(
path_or_repo_id=path_or_repo_id,
filename=filename,
cache_dir=cache_dir,
force_download=True, # Set to True to force download
resume_download=True, # Set to True to resume download if it was interrupted
proxies=None, # Set to your proxy settings if needed
token=None, # Set to your Hugging Face token if the repository is gated
revision=None, # Set to a specific commit hash or tag if needed
local_files_only=True, # Set to True to only look for local files
subfolder=None, # Set to a subfolder if the file is in a subfolder
repo_type=None, # Set to "dataset" or "model" if necessary
user_agent=None, # Set to a custom user agent if needed
_raise_exceptions_for_gated_repo=True, # Set to False to not raise exceptions for gated repositories
_raise_exceptions_for_missing_entries=True, # Set to False to not raise exceptions for missing entries
_raise_exceptions_for_connection_errors=True, # Set to False to not raise exceptions for connection errors
_commit_hash=None, # Set to a specific commit hash if needed
)

# Use the resolved_file path for further processing

This code produces the following error and I am stuck with this for quite some time now. Please suggest a quick fix to proceed.

File ~/.local/lib/python3.11/site-packages/transformers/utils/hub.py:385, in cached_file(path_or_repo_id, filename, cache_dir, force_download, resume_download, proxies, token, revision, local_files_only, subfolder, repo_type, user_agent, _raise_exceptions_for_missing_entries, _raise_exceptions_for_connection_errors, _commit_hash, **deprecated_kwargs) 383 try: 384 # Load from URL or cache if already cached --> 385 resolved_file = hf_hub_download( 386 path_or_repo_id, 387 filename, 388 subfolder=None if len(subfolder) == 0 else subfolder, 389 repo_type=repo_type, 390 revision=revision, 391 cache_dir=cache_dir, 392 user_agent=user_agent, 393 force_download=force_download, 394 proxies=proxies, 395 resume_download=resume_download, 396 token=token, 397 local_files_only=local_files_only, 398 ) 399 except GatedRepoError as e: File ~/.local/lib/python3.11/site-packages/huggingface_hub/utils/_validators.py:110, in validate_hf_hub_args.<locals>._inner_fn(*args, **kwargs) 109 if arg_name in ["repo_id", "from_id", "to_id"]: --> 110 validate_repo_id(arg_value) 112 elif arg_name == "token" and arg_value is not None: File ~/.local/lib/python3.11/site-packages/huggingface_hub/utils/_validators.py:158, in validate_repo_id(repo_id) 157 if repo_id.count("/") > 1: --> 158 raise HFValidationError( 159 "Repo id must be in the form 'repo_name' or 'namespace/repo_name':" 160 f" '{repo_id}'. Use `repo_type` argument if needed." 161 ) 163 if not REPO_ID_REGEX.match(repo_id): HFValidationError: Repo id must be in the form 'repo_name' or 'namespace/repo_name': 'Training/AI/GenAI/ai-innovation-bridge/workshops/ai-workloads-with-huggingface/results/checkpoint-1000'. Use `repo_type` argument if needed. The above exception was the direct cause of the following exception: OSError Traceback (most recent call last) Cell In[3], line 7 4 checkpoint_path = r"./results/checkpoint-1000" # Replace with your checkpoint folder 6 # Load the model ----> 7 model = AutoModelForSequenceClassification.from_pretrained("Training/AI/GenAI/ai-innovation-bridge/workshops/ai-workloads-with-huggingface/results/checkpoint-1000") 9 # Load the tokenizer 10 tokenizer = AutoTokenizer.from_pretrained("distilbert-base-uncased") File ~/.local/lib/python3.11/site-packages/transformers/models/auto/auto_factory.py:488, in _BaseAutoModelClass.from_pretrained(cls, pretrained_model_name_or_path, *model_args, **kwargs) 485 if commit_hash is None: 486 if not isinstance(config, PretrainedConfig): 487 # We make a call to the config file first (which may be absent) to get the commit hash as soon as possible --> 488 resolved_config_file = cached_file( 489 pretrained_model_name_or_path, 490 CONFIG_NAME, 491 _raise_exceptions_for_missing_entries=False, 492 _raise_exceptions_for_connection_errors=False, 493 **hub_kwargs, 494 ) 495 commit_hash = extract_commit_hash(resolved_config_file, commit_hash) 496 else: File ~/.local/lib/python3.11/site-packages/transformers/utils/hub.py:450, in cached_file(path_or_repo_id, filename, cache_dir, force_download, resume_download, proxies, token, revision, local_files_only, subfolder, repo_type, user_agent, _raise_exceptions_for_missing_entries, _raise_exceptions_for_connection_errors, _commit_hash, **deprecated_kwargs) 448 raise EnvironmentError(f"There was a specific connection error when trying to load {path_or_repo_id}:\n{err}") 449 except HFValidationError as e: --> 450 raise EnvironmentError( 451 f"Incorrect path_or_model_id: '{path_or_repo_id}'. Please provide either the path to a local folder or the repo_id of a model on the Hub." 452 ) from e 453 return resolved_file OSError: Incorrect path_or_model_id: 'Training/AI/GenAI/ai-innovation-bridge/workshops/ai-workloads-with-huggingface/results/checkpoint-1000'. Please provide either the path to a local folder or the repo_id of a model on the Hub.
0 Kudos
13 Replies
Peh_Intel

Hi Sid5,

Thanks for reaching out to us.

Based on your encountered error, it seems like the model is loading from an incorrect path.

Please have a quick try with the following codes:

from transformers import AutoModelForSequenceClassification, AutoTokenizer

# Define the path to the checkpoint

checkpoint_path = r"./results/checkpoint-1000" # Replace with your checkpoint folder

# Load the model

model = AutoModelForSequenceClassification.from_pretrained(checkpoint_path)

# Load the tokenizer

tokenizer = AutoTokenizer.from_pretrained("distilbert-base-uncased")

Regards,

Peh

0 Kudos
Sid5
Novice

Hi Peh_Intel,

I have verified and corrected the path in different ways possible but I am still stuck on this error which does not make sense to me. Rest assured it is the correct path I am entering from the results section of my notebook. Here, I was trying a different iteration to see if it works then posted it, this is the path: Training/AI/GenAI/ai-innovation-bridge/workshops/ai-workloads-with-huggingface/results/checkpoint-1000

Thanks & regards

Siddhartha Sharma

0 Kudos
Peh_Intel

Hi Siddhartha Sharma,

Please ensure that your checkpoint-1000 is folder that containing config.json file.

Besides, could you also share your checkpoint folder with me? So that I can also try to upload the checkpoint from my end as I do not have any model checkpoint.

Regards,

Peh

0 Kudos
Sid5
Novice

Hi Peh_Intel,

Yes it does contain the mentioned file here's the screenshot for the same:

Sid5_0-1713081865413.png

Regards,

Siddhartha Sharma

0 Kudos
Peh_Intel

Hi Siddhartha Sharma,

Please have a try with the following approach.

1.      Right click on your Jupyter Notebook and select “Show in File Browser” to navigate to the file browser.

2.      Upload or move your checkpoint folder here, which same location as your Jupyter Notebook.

3.      Load the model with the command below (Rename as your checkpoint folder's name):

model = AutoModelForSequenceClassification.from_pretrained(“checkpoint_path”)

Jupyter_path.JPG

Regards,

Peh

0 Kudos
Peh_Intel

Hi Siddhartha Sharma,

We have not heard back from you. I hope previous responses were sufficient to help you proceed. 

If you need any additional information from Intel, please submit a new question as this thread is no longer being monitored.

Regards,

Peh

0 Kudos
Sid5
Novice

Hi Peh,

No I was not able to move the checkpoint folder to the specified location, it is still at the same location and path which still shows the same error.

Best Regards

Siddhartha Sharma

0 Kudos
Peh_Intel

Hi Siddhartha Sharma,

What if you copy the entire folder, checkpoint-1000, and paste to the the path which same location as your Jupyter Notebook? Next, load the model with the command below:

model = AutoModelForSequenceClassification.from_pretrained(“checkpoint-1000”)

Regards,

Peh

Sid5
Novice

Hi Peh,

In that case it is showing the following error because of the file size:

Sid5_0-1714808304965.png

Thanks & regards

Siddhartha Sharma

0 Kudos
Peh_Intel

Hi Siddhartha Sharma,

Thanks for trying out.

In that case, copy and paste the Jupyter Notebook (.ipynb file) to the path same as your folder, checkpoint-1000.

Regards,

Peh

Sid5
Novice

Hi Peh,

I was able to copy the .ipynb files into the checkpoint-1000 folder now. It's showing the following now:

Sid5_0-1715063293899.png

Sid5_1-1715063315062.png

Thanks & regards

Siddhartha Sharma

0 Kudos
Peh_Intel

Hi Siddhartha Sharma,

Regarding your latest error, I found that this StackOverflow discussion, Mismatched

size on BertForSequenceClassification from Transformers and multiclass problem,

might helpful for you.

Please try the suggestions, which specify the number of labels of your new dataset and use ignore_mismatched_sizes=True argument.

model = AutoModelForSequenceClassification.from_pretrained(checkpoint_path, num_labels=<num>, ignore_mismatched_sizes=True)

Regards,

Peh

Sid5
Novice

Hi Peh,

I was able to resolve the mismatched size error yesterday but now I am stuck with the gated repo ID error for the same and also the checkpoint folder path where the system is unable to recognize the checkpoint folder either locally or on hugging-face although I have passed the token to login. Is there any way I can clone this workspace into my huggingface model? Here's the screenshot:

Sid5_0-1715154882221.png

Thanks & Regards

Siddhartha Sharma

0 Kudos