Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16637 Discussions

Gate-Level simulation netlist

Alberto_G
Beginner

Hi all,

I have a hierarchical design with a top file instantiating various submodules, I want to create partitions for each of the submodules so Quartus generates separate netlists for each partition after performing the Analysis & Synthesis and the Fitter, my goal is to then run a Gate-Level simulation of each of the partitions with the results obtained after compiling the whole project.

I recently saw this post that it is exactly what I need: How do I generate gate-level simulation netlists, however this is something only available in the Quartus Prime Pro edition, but I have the Standard edition, is there a way of doing something similar with the Standard edition?

0 Kudos
1 Solution
ShengN_Intel
Employee

Hi,

Quartus Standard uses .qxp file for design partition, may check this link https://www.macnica.co.jp/en/business/semiconductor/articles/intel/130493/ on how to export/import design partition (.qxp).

Since Standard quartus_eda don't support --partition= feature, so have to export partition of submodule, then create wrapper for that submodule (top-level entity), next import partition back to that submodule and last run compilation to generate the netlist.

Thanks,

Regards,

Sheng

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
ShengN_Intel
Employee

Hi,

Quartus Standard uses .qxp file for design partition, may check this link https://www.macnica.co.jp/en/business/semiconductor/articles/intel/130493/ on how to export/import design partition (.qxp).

Since Standard quartus_eda don't support --partition= feature, so have to export partition of submodule, then create wrapper for that submodule (top-level entity), next import partition back to that submodule and last run compilation to generate the netlist.

Thanks,

Regards,

Sheng

0 Kudos