Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16636 Discussions

R-tile PCIe example design questa simulation fail

tthhuang
Beginner

Hello,

I followed ug-20330-683544-816251, chap 2.3 to generate PIO design example and simulation environment. Then I follow 2.3.1.1. Siemens EDA QuestaSim Simulator, but it hanged wo any progress after 1 days, the latest log is as below.

Did I have some wrong configuration?

tthhuang_0-1714035279693.png

Best regards

Victor

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
6 Replies
wchiah
Employee

Hi,

Thanks for contacting Intel. I'm assigned to support request.

I'll investigate and get back to you soon. Thanks for your patience.

Best regards,

Wincent_Intel

0 Kudos
wchiah
Employee

Hi,

May I know which Quartus version that you are using ?
I tried 22.2 at my side, the example design and simulation both are successful.
BTW, I'm using questasim/2021.4 version.

Regards,
Wincent_Intel

0 Kudos
tthhuang
Beginner

Hi wchiah,

I use Quartus24.1 w/ questa2023.4, thank you.

0 Kudos
wchiah
Employee

Hi,

Can you try to get the golden PCIe example from 
https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/products/details/fpga/development-kits/agilex/agi027.html

Then try to simulate again, let me know if you are still seeing the same problem.

IF, you are trying it in TLPBYPASS mode, please noted that it is doesn't support simulation, only supports for HW.

Regards,

Wincent_Intel

0 Kudos
tthhuang
Beginner

Hi Wchiah,

Yes, it works now after using the example design.

Best regards

Victor

0 Kudos
wchiah
Employee

Hi

Glad to hear you are able to resolved the problem.

Therefore following our support policy, this thread will be transitioned to community support.

If you have a new question, feel free to open a new thread to get support from Intel experts.

Otherwise, the community users will continue to help you on this thread. Thank you

If your support experience falls below a 9 out of 10, I kindly request the opportunity to rectify it before concluding our interaction. If the issue cannot be resolved, please inform me of the cause so that I can learn from it and strive to enhance the quality of future service experiences. 

Regards,

Wincent_Intel

p/s: If any answer from the community or Intel Support is helpful, please feel free to give the best answer or rate 9/10 survey.

0 Kudos