Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14625 Discussions

I7 3770s locked at 3.5 ghz when gaming

Nedelski
Beginner
I have this issue with my processor being stuck at 3492-3592 when im in a game, ive tried to boost it myself but to no avail, but it goes back to normal when i exit the game, even boosted to 4.3 by itself, any recommendations?
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
Senkuchan
Valued Contributor I
0 Kudos
5 Replies
Senkuchan
Valued Contributor I

What game(s) are you playing and the name of the application you're using to check the frequency?

0 Kudos
Nedelski
Beginner

Mostly cs2 (forgot to mention the temps, mostly 65-72C), but i played some other open world games and a few not so demanding, but it still was stuck at the same speed, unless i close it.

The program is MSI afterburner

0 Kudos
Nedelski
Beginner

Ah, i think i found the issue, in my bios setttings the turbo technology has set the  4 cores (if active fully) automatically clocked at 3.5ghz, is it safe to change such settings and how could i do it?

0 Kudos
Senkuchan
Valued Contributor I
Turbo boost is automatic. The frequency will only increase if its needed. For more information, check this link: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000007359/processors/intel-core-processors.html
0 Kudos
Nedelski
Beginner

Well for a fact it wont increase, as my motherboard automatically set all four on 3.5ghz when doing tasks that require all 4 cores, and 3.9 ghz on 1 core usage, but thanks for the info appreciate it!

0 Kudos