EMBL003/4: Top of Form
Intel® Embedded Development Board 1-N450 Contest and Lab at the Intel Developer Forum 2010 - Official Rules
Bottom of Form
EMBL003/4: Intel® Embedded Development Board 1-N450 Contest and Lab at the Intel Developer Forum 2010 - Official Rules
The EMBL003/4: Intel® Embedded Development Board 1-N450 Contest and Lab at the Intel Developer Forum 2010 will begin on September 15th, 2010 and end September 15th, 2010. Entries will be submitted at the Intel Developer Forum lab EMBL003 or EMBL004. The contest will consist of downloading one of a selection of operating systems available on the Embedded Developer Centre website http://bit.ly/devboard , converting the operating system image and loading it on to a USB disk, installing the OS from the USB disk onto an Intel supplied laptop, connecting the development board to the internet and using the operating system to email a specified message that will show up on the http://twitter.com/devboard site. The winner, for each operating system, will be determined by the first message to show up on the twitter* feed. The competition will be run twice, once for EMBL003 and once for EMBL004.
There will be one set of winners for each operating system in the EMBL003 lab and another set of winners in the EMBL004 lab.
How to download the operating systems, and the USB installation programs to the Intel Supplied Laptops
To participate in the Intel® Embedded Development Board 1-N450 Contest and Lab You will be asked to download a third party software applications listed above which will be subject to terms and conditions of these third party licenses. Installation, use and/or further distribution by You will be subject to such third party licenses. Intel expressly disclaims liability of any kind with respect to installation, use or distribution by You of any such third party software.
Each development board station is allocated a login ID and password, affixed to the development board. Contestants must send an email identifying the development station, and including the #IDF10 twitter* hashtag. This email is defined as your “Contribution”. When you are ready to submit your Contribution, you will email it to email@example.com using the supplied Intel® Embedded Development Board 1-N450, and the allocated login ID and password.
By submitting your Contribution, you agree to be bound by the contest rules. If you do not agree to the terms of this contest, do not submit your contest Contribution.
Contributions must sent by the end of the lab in which you have registered.
The Contribution must not be offensive or otherwise unsuitable for use, as determined in Intel's sole discretion. Participants must comply with the EMBL003/4: Intel® Embedded Development Board 1-N450 Contest and Lab at the Intel Developer Forum 2010 - Official Rules
Any submission of robotic, automatic, or programmed entries, or any entries submitted through other unapproved methods are void.
Prizes, Criteria, and Odds
1. First message, for each OS and each Lab session to be displayed on the @devboard feed at http://twitter.com/devboard within each lab will determine the winning person or team, provided that message has been sent from the Development board.
2. Each development station in the lab may consist of a maximum of two people, and each winning participant will receive an Intel® Embedded Development Board 1-N450, retail value $149. If the winning “team” consists of only one person then only one board will be awarded
Except to the extent any of these prizes are prohibited by local law substitute prize of equal or greater value will be awarded.
All winners may get their work profiled on the Intel® Embedded Design Center or at the Intel® Developer Forum.
Selection of Winner
Participants must be able to verify to the judges that they have indeed sent the message from the development board. All decisions by the judges will be final. The winner will be notified by phone, e-mail or post within seven days of the selection. All prizes will be awarded within six weeks of the date the competition closes. Submission of the Contribution constitutes permission to use the winner's name and/or likeness on the Web site for advertising/trade purposes without further compensation. Entrants may be required to sign an affidavit of compliance with these rules, a prize release, and a release for the use of his/her name, likeness or voice for publicity purposes by Intel. If prize notification is returned as undeliverable, or if potential winner fails to claim or accept prize within five calendar days of notification, disqualification may result and an alternate winner may be selected. A list of winners will be posted on the Intel® Embedded Design Center and will be available no later than 2 weeks after winner selection.
All the winning Contributions will be posted on the above-mentioned website and will be available approximately two weeks after the winner has been selected.
EMBL003/4: Intel® Embedded Development Board 1-N450 Contest and Lab at the Intel Developer Forum 2010 - Official Rules
(the "contest") and set out the terms and conditions between Intel Corporation and its affiliates ("Intel" or "us/we") and each participant ("participant" or "you").
2. You are eligible to participate in the contest if you have registered for the contest.
3. No purchase necessary. Purchase does not increase your chance of winning. Void wherever prohibited.
4. You must speak, read and understand English and you must be aged 18 years or over or you must obtain the consent of your parents or legal guardian before you participate in the contest. If you apply to register for the contest, if you contribute to the contest or the Intel® Embedded Design Center community once you are registered or if you accept any contest prizes, you accept these rules. Employees of Intel Corporation, its affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies, and the immediate families of each may not enter. This limitation is void where prohibited.
5. The contest is open to participants worldwide. All national and local laws and regulations of the resident's country of residence apply. Residents of countries under U.S. embargo are not eligible to enter. The contest is void wherever else it is restricted or prohibited by law.
6. We may refuse your Contribution for any good reason.
7. Intel provides you with access to a variety of resources on Intel® Embedded Design Center including communication forums, documentation, download areas, code samples, videos, blogs, articles and contests (the "resources").
8. You agree to submit Contributions to the contest under the following conditions:
a. to participate in the EMBL003/4: Intel® Embedded Development Board 1-N450 Contest and Lab at the Intel Developer Forum 2010 You will be asked to download the third party software application listed above which will be subject to terms and conditions of these third party licenses. Installation, use and/or further distribution by You will be subject to such third party licenses. Intel expressly disclaims liability of any kind with respect to installation, use or distribution by You of any such third party software.
b. Intel does not claim ownership of your Contributions to the contest in form of sample code, content, videos, articles or any other Contributions you submit to @devboard feed on http://twitter.com/devboard. By submitting your Contributions, you are granting Intel and its affiliated companies the following worldwide, non-exclusive, perpetual, irrevocable, royalty-free, unconditional, fully paid-up rights:
(1) to make, have made, use, copy, reproduce, modify, and create derivative works of the Contributions,
(2) to publicly perform or display,delete, import, broadcast, transmit, distribute (directly and indirectly through multiple tiers), license, offer to sell and sell, rent, lease, or lend copies of the Contributions (and derivative works thereof),
(3) to sublicense to third parties the foregoing rights, including the right to sublicense to further third parties, and
(4) to publish your name or alias in connection with this contest and your Contributions.
c. Your Contributions to the contest will be available to other participants and to ensure they are safe and freely usable by other participants, you warrant that:
(1) you own or otherwise have all rights necessary for you to provide the Contributions and grant the rights described above and you do not disclose any information which would constitute a violation of a confidentiality obligation;
(2) your Contributions do not contain any viruses, worms, spy ware, or other components or instructions that are malicious, deceptive, or designed to limit or harm the functionality of a computer; and
(3) your Contributions are not subject to license terms that require any software or documentation incorporating or being derived from your Contributions to be licensed to others.
d. Apart from prizes offered as part of the contest, no monetary compensation will be paid for any of your contest Contributions.
9. Intel is not responsible for contest entries not received due to lost, failed, delayed or interrupted connections or miscommunications, or other electronic malfunctions. Intel is not responsible for incorrect or inaccurate entry information, whether caused by you or any other persons or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the contest.
10. You may be required to sign and return releases of liability, declarations of eligibility, and where lawful, publicity consent agreements, within five (5) days of acknowledged notification. If a selected potential winner cannot be contacted, is ineligible (under these rules or due to a failure to comply with any of the other applicable policies, licenses, rules, and terms of service, fails to claim a prize, or fails to timely return the completed and executed releases/agreements as required), prize may be forfeited and an alternate potential winner may, at Intel's discretion, be selected. Physical prizes awarded for the winning Contributions will be sent to participants within six (6) weeks from the date of the notification email or confirmation of the winning participant's physical address, whichever is later.
11. Prizes are personal to the participant submitting the winning Contribution and cannot normally be transferred. All prizes are subject to availability and they may change at any time and Intel may award substitute prizes of equal or greater value. A cash alternative is not available. Odds of winning depend on the total number of eligible entries received.
12. The winner accepts responsibility for all federal, state and local taxes and fees in connection with the prizes. Taxes, if any, are the sole responsibility of the winning participant, and participants may be issued an IRS Form 1099 for the ARV of any awarded prize. This contest is void where prohibited or restricted by law, and subject to applicable federal, state provincial and local laws.
13. Intel does not provide any warranty on the prizes. To the fullest extent allowable by law, Intel specifically disclaims any representations or warranties, express or implied, regarding the prizes, including any implied warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose and implied warranties arising from course of dealing or course of performance.
14. We may, on notifying you, immediately suspend or terminate your rights, if you breach these rules or if we reasonably believe that you have submitted a Contribution in violation of these rules.
15. Intel reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to suspend or cancel the contest at any time for any reason.
16. You can withdraw your Contribution at any time by notifying us. If a Contribution is withdrawn your rights to win a prize in this contest are lost.
17. These rules apply to your Contribution and the resources, unless we provide any items to you under more specific terms, in which case those more specific terms will apply to the relevant items. We may make changes to these rules at any time without notice to you. The most current version of the rules can be reviewed on the Intel® Embedded Design Center website. Contributing to the contest or accepting prizes will constitute acceptance of the revised rules.
18. Our only responsibilities with respect to the contest are set out in these rules. These rules prevail in the event of any conflict or inconsistency with any other communications, including advertising or promotional materials.
19. For any feedback or questions regarding the contest or the prizes you can contact Intel by participating in the http://software.intel.com/en-us/forums/intel-parallel-studio/topic/68083/
Intel® Embedded Design Center community or directly at http://edc.intel.com/Assistance/
20. If Intel improperly denies you any prizes, Intel's entire liability and your sole and exclusive remedy will be limited to a distribution of the equivalent amount of prizes as set forth above. By participating in the contest, you waive any and all rights to bring any claim or action related to such matters in any forum beyond one (1) year after the first occurrence of the kind of act, event, condition or omission upon which the claim or action is based.
21. If for any reason this contest is not capable of running as planned due to infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of Intel which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of this contest, Intel reserves the right at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry or voting process, and to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the contest.
22. Intel assumes no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of entries. Intel is not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or telephone lines, computer online systems, servers, or providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any e-mail or entry to be received by Intel on account of technical problems, human error or traffic congestion on the internet or at any web site, or any combination thereof, including any injury or damage to participant's or any other person's computer relating to or resulting from participation in this contest or downloading any materials in this contest.
23. The promoter of this contest is Intel. The contest is administered by:
2200 Mission College Blvd.
Santa Clara, CA 95052
Intel and Intel Logo are trademarks of Intel Corporation in the U.S. and other countries.
*Other names and brands may be claimed as the property of others.
© 2010, Intel Corporation. All rights reserved.