This kit (formerly known as ‘Saddle Brook’) is ideal for a wide range of Internet of Things systems and is offered at $731 USD.
It offers dramatically fast CPU and graphics performance, a wide range of power and feature scalability, and new advanced features that boost Internet of Things (IoT) designs from the edge to the cloud.
The kit ships as a complete system in a chassis and includes the following components:
- Evaluation board with Intel® Xeon® E3-1515M v5 Processor (BGA package, 4 cores at 2.8 GHz, 8 MB Last Level Cache and 45W/cTDP 35W Thermal Design Power (TDP)) and Intel® GL82CM236 Platform Controller Hub installed
- DDR4 SODIMM (8 GB total)
- Integrated video/graphics (HDMI, DisplayPort*)
- Internal Solid State Drive (80 GB Intel® SSD)
- Accessories: 180W AC power adapter with cord, processor heat sink, HW retention kit, case
- Applications: digital signage, energy, gaming, healthcare, industrial control and automation equipment, retail devices, security
Benefits of the 6th generation Intel® Core™ processor family:
- BGA package for space constrained performance platforms
- Quad and dual core SKUs covering Intel Xeon, Intel® Core™, and Intel Celeron processors
- TDP options of 45W (with 35W cTDP down), 35W, and 25W gives excellent balance of performance and power
- Intel® Iris™ Pro graphics with 128M of on-package cache memory for high performance graphics applications
- Up to 20%³ CPU multi-threaded and up to 22%⁴ graphics performance improvement
- Embedded and Industrial use conditions
Note: Performance data is PRELIMINARY. Software and workloads used in performance tests may have been optimized for performance only on Intel® microprocessors. Performance tests, such as SYSmark* and MobileMark*, are measured using specific computer systems, components, software, operations and functions. Any change to any of those factors may cause the results to vary. You should consult other information and performance tests to assist you in fully evaluating your contemplated purchases, including the performance of that product when combined with other products.