4 Replies Latest reply on Aug 17, 2008 7:00 AM by adish

Atom Based Platforms

Green Belt

Hi,

I'm interested in a small form-factor embedded board for real-time video and image processing.

I am currently looking at the Intel Atom as my preferred chip.

I need a very cheap embedded solution in the sub-$100 price range, that supports input video grabbing (from a camera) either digital in some form (e.g. Firewire, GbE, USB 2.0) or analog (e.g. NTSC) or both, and some standard I/O connectivity. It does not need many of the popular desktop features such as Audio, Display etc.

I was wondering if anyone here knows of some company with a similar ref design that can easily customize their design to my requirements.

Thanks very much in advance,

Adi

• Re: Atom Based Platforms

Hi Adi,

Sorry for the late reply. This is Joanna from Advantech, we offer the Atom based platforms. Can I forward your inquiry to our sales person to contact you?

Brown Belt

Hi Adi -

Good to hear you are interested in using an Atom-based SFF for your application. There are a number of options out there from computer-on-modules to SBCs and motherboards.

Kontron offers three products right now that would be close matches for your needs. Our computer-on-modules are the nanoETXexpress-SP and the microETXexpress-SP. Both would give you a great degree of flexibility within your solution because they are compatible with the PICMG COM Express specification (pin-out types 1 and 2) and are very small. The nanoETXexpress-SP is roughly the size of a credit card and the microETXexpress-SP is approximately the size of a traditional PC/104 SBC (This is what I'd recommend based on your listed requirements). Small evaluation carrier boards and reference designs are available for both modules to help you get started with testing out the platforms. If you'd like to know more about these or would like to get a evaluation kit, please contact us. Kontron also recently introduced the KTUS15/mITX mini-ITX motherboard based on the Intel(R) Atom(R) processor. This is a bit larger, but is a very solid on-board solution. Hope this information has been helpful. Best wishes for your project.

Regards,

Christine Van De Graaf - Product Marketing Manager, Embedded Modules Division

Green Belt

Hi Joanna ,

Thanks. Please forward my inquiry to your sales person.

Thanks,

Adi

Green Belt

Hi Christine,

Thanks. I'll check these out.

In fact, I've seen your site, but it wasn't clear if these are customizable ref designs or final products.

If you could forward my inquiry and email to your sales dept. I would be grateful.

Thanks,

Adi