1 Reply Latest reply on Apr 13, 2016 7:52 AM by Carlos_A

BayTrail E3800 DMA

ErnestRC Community Member

Good night,

I'm a hobbyist playing around with a Minnowboard Max Ver A2 with an   that contains the SoC mentioned in the title of the discussion. In the board I'm using a ArchLinux installed on it with Kernel 4.4.5-1-ARCH.

I started working with the registers of the DMA to test the transference with the SPI and UART interfaces so for my first tests I'm trying to perform a basic Memory-to-Memory transfer but I'm running out of luck, I even read the E3800 and Z36xxx/Z37xxx datasheets to comprehend the DMAC usage. My questions are, Is there a HW limitation on what I'm trying to do? Is there some constraint related to specific drivers or Kernels? If not, can you orient me a little bit more on the usage of the DMA controller in BayTrail?

Below are the PCI interfaces I'm willing to control.

00:1e.0 DMA controller: Intel Corporation Atom Processor Z36xxx/Z37xxx Series LPIO1 DMA Controller (rev 0c)

00:1e.1 Serial bus controller [0c80]: Intel Corporation Atom Processor Z36xxx/Z37xxx Series LPIO1 PWM Controller (rev 0c)

00:1e.2 Serial bus controller [0c80]: Intel Corporation Atom Processor Z36xxx/Z37xxx Series LPIO1 PWM Controller (rev 0c)

00:1e.3 Communication controller: Intel Corporation Atom Processor Z36xxx/Z37xxx Series LPIO1 HSUART Controller #1 (rev 0c)

00:1e.4 Communication controller: Intel Corporation Atom Processor Z36xxx/Z37xxx Series LPIO1 HSUART Controller #2 (rev 0c)

00:1e.5 Serial bus controller [0c80]: Intel Corporation Atom Processor Z36xxx/Z37xxx Series LPIO1 SPI Controller (rev 0c)

Hope you can help me to solve some doubts.

Thanks you!