1 Reply Latest reply on May 5, 2017 6:45 AM by Carlos_A

The issue is about apollo lake rebooted.

yafuwei Community Member

Hi,

We joined discrete VR and MCU for power sequence on our system, programed warm boot to OS reset select on BIOS.
      And then, the system was made a rebooting test on window 10 for a long time. It failed between 1 to 8 hours.

I researched that THERMTRIP_N had been asserted by CPU, but didn't get the same description as THERMTRIP_N of EDS.
      1. The temperature of CPU wasn't higher more.
      2. Force shutdown wasn't occurred by the power button.
      3. SOC_PWROK wasn't de-asserted.
      I had ever programed cold boot to
      OS reset select on BIOS, but the system still implemented warm boot.

What can I do to solve the issue?

Thanks a lot.

• Re: The issue is about apollo lake rebooted.
          Carlos_A Brown Belt

Hello, yafuwei:

Thank you for contacting the Intel Embedded Community.

In order to better understand this situation, we would like to address the following questions:

Could you please let us know the part numbers of the processor and chipset related to this situation?

Could you clarify if this situation happens with your design, on a third party board, or with a Customer Reference Board (CRB)? How many units are affected? How often it happens? In case that this issue is related to your design, could you please reproduce this issue in a CRB, and lets us know the consequences? In case that it is a third party board, could you please give us all the information related to it?

Could you please update the BIOS to the latest version, replicate the listed circumstance, and let us know the effects of this change? By the way, please give us all the information of the BIOS.

Please give us all the information requested through the previous questions to better understand this problem.

Best regards,

Carlos_A.