5 Replies Latest reply on Jan 25, 2018 8:51 AM by Carlos_A

Intel Gordon Ridge Apollo Lake - Flashing Android Images on BXT-P_IVI

Suresh2683 Community Member

Hi,

I'm trying to flash Android images for 20171201_WW48 release. I have followed BXT-P_IVI_for_Android_GSG.pdf doc for how to but unable to get fastboot on SOC terminal.

Followed below procedure stated in  BXT-P_IVI_for_Android_GSG.pdf

Flashing Android Images:

The below procedure assumes you have built or downloaded an Android flashfiles zip

package: *flashfiles*.zip

1. Unzip the *flashfiles*.zip flashfile package to a folder accessible the host that is

running the Platform Flash Tool (PFT) tool.

2. Flash the IOC + IFWI from the flashfiles using the flashing tools as described in the

above sections.

3. Boot the MRB to fastboot mode by doing the following:

• From IOC console reset with "r", then boot in fastboot mode from IOC console by pressing keys: n4#

The SoC console should print message: “USB for fastboot transport layer selected” indicating the fastboot protocol is waiting for the flashing to begin.

4. Launch the Platform Flash Tool application and use the browse button (at the top-right) to navigate to the extracted flashfiles package, then double-click the flash.json file.

Currently device Intel Gordon Ridge Apollo Lake is having IOC version 3.0.25. Can u please help me out and provide the procedure to get fastboot working. I have tried with different switch position for boot mode but same result, not getting fastboot print message on SOC terminal nor PFT detecting the device.