1 Reply Latest reply on Feb 8, 2018 6:54 AM by Carlos_A

Xeon D1541 CPU/Chipset is not granting access to PCIe card timely

MeiGuodong Community Member

Hello, Intel Support,

I have a Xeon D1541 mother board. and two FPGA card.

FPGA Card A: PCIe Gen 3 with DMA capability, FPGA PCIe card with a very large deep FIFO.

FPGA Card B: PCIe Gen 3 with DMA capability, FPGA PCIe card with a  FIFO size of 320KBytes per channel, two channel DMA in total.

Card A runs well on Xeon D1541 mother board, no PCIe packet drop. (no data loss).

Card B runs on Xeond D1541, but it has intermediate problem that some times the mother board causes a FIFO overflow in the FPGA card. sometimes I can run for 5~10 seconds no problem, however, interimly, it gives a FIFO overlfow.

After further analysis, it seems to me that the Xeon D1541/chipset is not responding/granting the PCIe access to the FPGA card, hence causing a PCIe FIFO overflow in the FPGA B.

Note this FPGA card B runs well on another ASUS P9X79 motherboard and X270 mother board.

I would like to check in Xeon D CPU, is there any settings that can adjust the PCIe response time, or any other settings in the BIOS to improve this performance?

I have been diverted by Intel Support to ask questions here and would appreciate if someone can help me.

Thank you.

Mei Guodong