13 Replies Latest reply on Apr 15, 2018 10:39 PM by Hiro-miz

Problems with h264 video display

Hiro-miz Green Belt

Hello
      I derived from the graphics community.

I am developing an application that receives and displays a stream from a network camera.
      Updated the graphics driver in the environment that was working normally until now. Then I encountered a phenomenon that the application hangs when stopping or starting h264 stream display.
      Running the html sample we created in the same environment causes IE to stop working in a few hours. At that time, the error log of ntdll.dll is recorded in the event log. If I change the graphics driver back to the old version, no error will occur.

Please tell me what is going on. This is a very big problem.

Finally, I will describe my environment. Also attach the sample html and some files, the results of SSU.exe.

- OS: Windows Embedded Standard 64-bit (6.1, Build 7601) ServicePack 1
      - DirectX Version: DirectX 11
      - Video Card: Intel HD Graphics 4000
      - Driver Version:
         No problematic version: 10.18.10.3958
         Problematic version: 10.18.10.4425 - 10.18.10.4885

Thank you in advance.
      ps. I apologize for my poor sentences.

• Re: Problems with h264 video display
          Carlos_A Brown Belt

Hello, Hiro-miz:

Thank you for contacting Intel Embedded Community.

We suggest you address this kind of consultations via the Intel Graphics Forum.

We hope that this information may help you.

Best regards,

Carlos_A

Hiro-miz Green Belt

Hello.

I kept you waiting very much.

I was able to prepare a clamshell PC of the ivy bridge generation.

spec:

Model: HP ProBook 4540s

CPU: Intel Core i5-3210M 2.5GHz

RAM: 4GB

Graphics: Intel HD Graphics 4000

I installed Windows 8 Pro 64 bit on this and further updated the graphics driver to 10.18.10.4885.

If you run the same html in this environment, some movie playback will stop after several hours. IE keeps on moving.

As you can see, the phenomenon is different on each PC, but both are different from my intention.

Do I need further investigation? In that case, what should I try?

thanks.

AdolfoS Brown Belt

Hello, Hiro-miz,

Thanks for your update, please provide the following information:

If the issue persist:

What version of Windows Embedded Standard are you using? 7 or 8.1?

Can you please test the issue on your original board, but with a traditional windows distribution? By traditional I mean a non embedded distribution.

Please use a fresh install of windows (a new installation with just the Intel drivers and not additional software installed)

Please clarify if the original board that you are using is created by your company or if it is a product manufactured by a third party company.

Provide a step by step reproduction scenario

Regarding your HP ProBook since you are not seen the same issue, there is no guarantee that it is the same problem.

Are you using Intel Graphic driver? If so please test with the Graphic Drivers downloaded from the HP page for your laptop.

Best regards,

Adolfo Sanchez.

Hiro-miz Green Belt

Hello, Adolfo Sanchez.

Thank you for the advice.

The operating system in the original environment is Window 7 Embedded.

Apart from that, I prepared a laptop. I cleanly installed Windows 8 on this laptop and just updated the Intel driver.

Also, my original environment is BOX type PC sold by Japanese manufacturer innotech, product name is "EMBOX".

I will install Windows 7 64 bit which is not Embededd in this "EMBOX" and test it.

I will report the test results at a later date.

thanks.