2 Replies Latest reply on Aug 4, 2009 1:07 PM by lemmotlow

BIOS problem with Crown Beach board

Green Belt

I have a board that is not giving me any video. This happened after I disabled one of the video options in the BIOS. I tried clearing the CMOS settings by putting a jumper on the RTC_RESET pins, removing the battery but still no video. The numeric LED for port 0x80 reports these numbers at the end of the reboot cycle: 91, 98, 9C, B2 and the other LED always reports FF. How can I recover the board? Are there other means to see what is going on (besides JTAG)?

HW: Crown Beach Fab F, Rev. G,

BIOS version: CBRDU 0.19

• Re: BIOS problem with Crown Beach board
          Felix_M BlackBelt

Hi OscarI: 

Welcome to the Intel® Embedded Design Center community. 

I believe that the Crown Beach platform is currently known as Menlow.  If I'm correct about that, Menlow is Atom-based.  Since you are using Intel Atom, I want to make you aware of a special place to go with your technical questions.  The Intel e-Help desk is staffed by Intel representatives dedicated to answering embedded Intel® architecture product, design and development questions for select Intel processors, including Atom.  

The Intel e-Help desk is only available to registered private users.  Before you can access e-Help, you will first have to upgrade your community membership to private status.  Private account status also allows you to access special documents and tools at the Intel® Embedded Design Center.    Note that it usually takes a few days for the approval process, and it normally requires that your company has a Non-Disclosure Agreement (NDA) with Intel.  If you are interested, Click here to go to your ‘My Account’ page and request registered private access.

In the meantime, let's see if someone in the community might know the answer to your question.   

Thanks,

Felix

• Re: BIOS problem with Crown Beach board
            Brown Belt

The resolution of this thread was provided by the engineers in the eHelpDesk. In an effort to keep continuity with the threads in the public area the resolution is provided below.

-It seems that your BIOS will need to be reprogrammed with an external programmer.  If you have one, please contact your local distributor and request a BIOS image for your Crown Beach reference board.

If you do not have an external programmer, then please contact the vendor or distributor that you obtained the board from and check to see if they can exchange it.