2 Replies Latest reply on Feb 17, 2012 11:10 AM by Felix_M

Virtualization: Featured Community Content

Felix_M BlackBelt

Virtualization seems to be one of the hottest topics in the community.  For our members who have an interest in this topic, I am providing some convenient links below to some community posts that I think provide particularly valuable content:    

Embedded Innovator Magazine: Embedded developers had better be well versed in virtualization

By Editor Kenton Williston

Technical Blog:  Three virtualization methods - Power of three or should one prevail? 

By Roving Reporter Sharon Schnakenburg

Technical Paper:  Methods and Application of System Virtualization

By Intel

Technical Paper:  Using Intel® technologies to create a wireless sensor platform for hospitals

By Intel, LynuxWorks and Portwell

Technical Paper:  Approach for Optimizing Intel Multi-core Processor-based Architectures

By Intel

Directory:  View Intel® Embedded Alliance member solutions for virtualization

By Intel® Embedded Alliance

Technical Blog:  Improving systems safely by controlling unintended software interactions

By Roving Reporter Henry Davis

Technical Blog:  Roving Reporter: Separation Kernels Leverage x86 Processor Features, Secure Code and Data

By Roving Reporter Maury Wright

Technical Blog:  Mixing Hard Realtime and General Purpose O/S

Application Note:  The Benefits of an Integrated System for Industrial Automation Applications  

By RadiSys

Technical Blog:  RadiSys takes care of industrial automation applications and virtualization

By Roving Reporter Mark Scantlebury

Technical Blog: Simplify software development for embedded applications

….More ….   Search the Intel® Embedded Community for additional virtualization content

Have you read any content that you would recommend to the community?  What other aspects of Virtualization would you like to see covered? 

• Re: Virtualization: Featured Community Content
          Community Member

Does anyone know of a good resource for bringing up Linux and bare metal cores on a multicore Intel CPU?

Gary Peyrot

• Re: Virtualization: Featured Community Content
              Felix_M BlackBelt

Hi Gary

Welcome to the Intel®  Embedded Community,

First off, the "featured content" in this thread is very old.  You might want to check out the current list of top Virtualization articles at the link below:
              Can you say a bit about what kind of resources you are looking for?   Are you intending to bring up the multi-core processor yourself or perhaps consider some experienced third parties?  There are a number of companies within Intel's embedded ecosystem, the Intel®  Embedded Alliance, that have this expertise.  You can find them at:
              Here are some of the key ones. I hope I haven't left anyone out.
              Green Hills Software
              Real-Time Systems
              Wind River
              If you let us know more about what you're looking for it would help guide you in the right direction.

I hope this helps.

J. Felix McNulty

Community Moderator (Intel contractor)