4 Replies Latest reply on Jun 30, 2010 12:48 PM by Felix_M

Biscayne Bay platform(Mobile GME965) resources...

Green Belt

Hi~ everybody,

I got an intel CRB(customer reference board) called "Biscayne Bay"

You can find the photo of this exact CRB as the Page 8 of the PDF below:http://www.efficientproducts.org/reports/computers/1337_EnergyEfficientComputerWhitePaper_FINAL_20Mar08.pdf

May I have the dedicated manuals or other resource of it, contain is like these 2 PDF on Intel official site?
      http://download.intel.com/design/intarch/manuals/316704.pdf
      http://www.intel.com/design/chipsets/schematics/860_crb.htm

(PS: I have already seach whole intel.com upside down and find nothing matched correctly. the most closest one I can get is ""Mobile Intel® GME965 Express Chipset for Embedded Computing"", but this is still not dedicated manual for Biscayne Bay CRB. )

Thanks for your help in advance :)

• Re: Biscayne Bay platform(Mobile GME965) resources...
          Felix_M BlackBelt

Hello:

Welcome to the Intel® Embedded Community. 

It seems that "Biscayne Bay" CRB is a few years old.  Can you say where you obtained it and what it is you are trying to accomplish and maybe that would help to give you some guidance?

Thanks

Felix

Green Belt

Got this from one of my friend in EMS industry and purpose is simple: use this as a normal home/office PC, but in a power saving way.

Baseline is: need to know all the onboard header/jumper definitions so I can do the configurations.

THX~

Green Belt

Hi~ Felix_M 

Do you have any resource for me regarding to Biscayne Bay?

ThankQ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ 

Felix_M BlackBelt

Hello again,

The situation you face is that the CRB is produced in small quantities as a Customer Reference Board for PC manufacturers to design their commercial products.  The support for CRB is very limited and also for a limited period of time.   Most importantly the support is not offered to end users but only to the PC manufacturers.  Which means that unfortunately there is no support path for you unless someone else in the community just by chance might have the experience, or the docs you are looking for.  So far we haven't seen anyone raise their hand.  

So bottom line, you might want to rethink the idea of using an old CRB as your home/office computer.  Your desire to use it in a power-efficient way is appreciated but at the same time that platform is several years old and more current PCs have made considerable advances in power consumption.  Also, even if you get your board to work, that is just the beginning of your support issue, not the end.

Sorry not the answer you were hoping for.

Felix