1 Reply Latest reply on Feb 16, 2011 12:02 PM by Felix_M

How Do I enable SMRAM on the Core I7

Community Member

I'm working on a Core-i7 - QM57 design that I'm getting a small BIOS up and running on. I see in the Intel Docs 253668.pdf mention of the D_LCK bit to enable access to the SMRAM. But what I can't find is where the register is on this part. I know that in prior parts it was at Bus Device Function 0,0,0 and offset 9d, but this is reserved on the I7. What am I missing ?

• Re: How Do I enable SMRAM on the Core I7
          Felix_M BlackBelt

Wecome to the Intel® Embedded Community.

I want to make you aware of a special place to go with questions like yours.  The Intel® e-Help desk is staffed by Intel representatives who support select Intel embedded platforms including Intel Core™ and Q57.

To access e-Help, you need to be a Privileged member of the Intel® Embedded Community.  

If you are not already a Privileged member, you can request an upgrade to your community account here:

In addition to access to e-Help, Prvileged members may also access the confidential content within the Intel® Embedded Design Center, such as design documents, specifications, and training materials.

I hope this helps.

J. Felix McNulty

Community Moderator (Intel contractor)