5 Replies Latest reply on Aug 29, 2011 8:40 AM by intel_stewart

DEVBoard D510 - What other Carriers options ?

Community Member

Hi

The intel atom d510 dev board ships with a compute module and a Carrier board .

My question is How can I reuse the compute module with a smaller or different Carrier board ( I think it is made by Viking Modular Solutions).

What are the carrier options that are fully compatible with the  atom D510 compute module.

Thanks

Gopal

• Re: DEVBoard D510 - What other Carriers options ?
          Brown Belt

英语不好,看不懂啊,谁能翻译一下

• Re: DEVBoard D510 - What other Carriers options ?
            Felix_M BlackBelt

Hi Gopal:

Welcome to the Intel® Embedded Community.

The Devboard is intended for development and/or evaluation.  According to the user manual (excerpt below), the included Mini-ITX carrier should support all of the interfaces supported by the Intel® Atom™ Processor on the compute module. Can you say what is your objective in replacing the carrier with a smaller or different one?

Mini-ITX Carrier
            The carrier platform, as shown in Figure 2, provides all the required interfaces to the
            capabilities exposed by the Compute Module. In addition, the carrier provides
            additional interfaces that are typically common across multiple compute module
            definitions (e.g. Super I/O). The carrier provided as part of this development kit
            provides a super-set of the interfaces required by the Intel® Atom™ Processor N450
            and D510 Compute Modules

Felix

J. Felix McNulty

Community Moderator (Intel contractor)