7 Replies Latest reply on Sep 22, 2014 7:44 AM by LynnZ

Intel Edison

GuyD Green Belt

I saw Intel® Edison Development Board support for Python, NodeJs, my question will Oracle Java 8 ME (or SE) be supported on the Intel Edison device?

Thanks.

• Re: Intel Edison
          LynnZ Brown Belt

Hello, Guy!  I am trying to get an answer for you but in the meantime here is a page that you can visit Intel® Edison Development Board and you can also sign up to be included in Edison news and updates.  I hope this helps!  Lynn

GuyD Green Belt

Hi Lynn,

Thanks.

Any idea when the Intel Edison Development Board becomes available for buying?

Guy

LynnZ Brown Belt

Guy, to address the availability of dev kits question, here is the latest information that I attained, "Intel® Edison with a 22nm Silvermont dual core Intel® Atom SOC is on track for availability later this summer. Provided as a complete module, Intel® Edison will be sold in development kits and individual units."

I am still trying to track down the answer to your Oracle Java 8 question, though!!

LynnZ Brown Belt

Guy, Intel® Edison platform supports existing, familiar IA-based programming tools, and will be compatible with accessible developer tools used by the maker community, such as the Arduino* IDE and Wolfram Language. Intel plans to also add support for Yocto Linux, Node.js and Python.