5 Replies Latest reply on Aug 5, 2015 2:22 PM by LynnZ

is it possible to remap Pixels using an Z37xx with Mipi-DSI x2 Display

ThorstenK Community Member

Hi Community, nice to be here!

Well really have to challenge a big target (I think so), where I have an Bay Trail z37xx which drives an Mipi-DSi panel, that has an resolution of 800x1280, yes it is an vertical design.

The biggest difference of the vertical display is the position of pixel [1,1], it differs to default 1280x800 display exactly 90° counter clockwise, that means, that for example the AMI Bios will be also displayed 90° rotated and stretched in height and squeezed in width.

but now the project concept changed, and content needs to be consistently displayed in landscape, that means I only need to remap the pixels:

Left upper corner of an image, => Picture pixel [1,1] --> physical pixel [1,800]

right upper corner of an image, => Picture pixel [1,800] --> physical pixel [1280,800]

right lower corner of an image, => Picture pixel [1280,1] --> physical pixel [1,800]

Left lower corner of an image, => Picture pixel [1,1] --> physical pixel [1,1]

with SPI Displays it was no issue to use the framebuffer for a rotation of the picture, and the z37xx vol2 manual shows a lot of settings, but it seems they are only able to handle 0° and 180° "rotation"

I knew this is really no easy challenge, and my knowledge seems to be too limited here...

So a helpful tip would be very appreciated...

Thanks in Advance from Germany, Thorsten