Intel® Developer Cloud
Help connecting to or getting started on Intel® Developer Cloud
139 Discussions

How can i fix the connection reset by peer error?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I can not open a HTTP tunnel anymore, keep getting connection reset by peer read error:

read tcp 10.10.10.34:37330->3.90.94.60:443: read: connection reset by peer

Why is the port 443 restricted now?

Can i use any other port in the free Intel Developer Cloud Console to test my web based ui app which i start in terminal and it runs on localhost:7850?

Neither Ngrok or Zrok work to get any port forwarding going due to the port 443 connection reset error.

Thanks in advance for helping in this subject.

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
8 Replies
Athirah_Intel

Hi RonvdDuyn,

Thank you for reaching out to us.

1.      For Intel® Developer Cloud Console, any port can be opened upon request.

2.      Submit a service request through Intel Customer Support to request an opening port for the Intel® Developer Cloud instance and provide the following information.

• Source IP: Addresses/ranges requested that you should be able to access your application directly from the Internet. (If the customer wants to allow traffic for certain public IPs they should be here).
  • Destination IP: Tenant IP. (This is provided by the Service Desk once the VIP is created, but we need the Tenant IP from the customer).
  • Destination Ports: The port is your application running on. Port types (TCP, UDP) and port numbers should be high ports (1023-65535).

If you are just testing an application and need to forward a port, you can add port forwarding '-L 7850:localhost:7850' to the SSH command. Example:

ssh -J guest@146.152.x.x -L 7850:localhost:7850 ubuntu@100.81.x.x

Once the SSH connection is established, you should be able to reach that port by:

localhost:7850

If that's not the case and you require a particular public IP and port, we will need to open a request for that.

Regards,

Athirah

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you Athirah for your quick reply and for giving me some direction.

Your approach as solution did not work, maybe because i'm not doing it the right way.

Could you please help me with the correct ssh command?

--- Trying out your ssh solution:

First i did was to find me public IP address by typing in terminal on my local machine:
curl ipinfo.io/ip
Which gave me 77.166.21.118

Then typed hostname -I in my dev.cloud.console terminal to get current ip of my user enviroment.
which gave me 10.10.10.12

So i tried your ssh solulution as:
ssh -J rvdd@77.166.21.118 -L 7865:localhost:7865 ubuntu@10.10.10.12

I needed to start the app first so it could host with the ssh. In the terminal of my
intel dev user enviroment i activated the conda env for my app then typed:

numactl --all -m 0 python launch.py --always-cpu --all-in-fp32 --disable-xformers --attention-pytorch --disable-server-log
& ssh -J rvdd@77.166.21.118 -L 7865:localhost:7865 ubuntu@10.10.10.12

--- Below is the dump and a screenshot of my browser firewall error message i got next:

(foo) ua425c61a1b86c4b52a620ba6ef2eae6@idc-beta-batch-pvc-node-06:~$ numactl --all -m 0 python launch.py --always-cpu --all-in-fp32 --disable-xformers --attention-pytorch --disable-server-log
& ssh -J rvdd@77.166.21.118 -L 7865:localhost:7865 ubuntu@10.10.10.12
[1] 392849
[System ARGV] ['launch.py', '--always-cpu', '--all-in-fp32', '--disable-xformers', '--attention-pytorch', '--disable-server-log']
Python 3.11.0 | packaged by conda-forge | (main, Jan 14 2023, 12:28:47) [GCC 11.3.0]
Test app version: 2.1.864
Home directory is /home/ua425c61a1b86c4b52a620ba6ef2eae6 and tmp is /home/ua425c61a1b86c4b52a620ba6ef2eae6/tmp
Running on local URL: http://127.0.0.1:7865
Total VRAM 515700 MB, total RAM 515700 MB
Set vram state to: DISABLED
Always offload VRAM
Device: cpu
VAE dtype: torch.float32
Using pytorch cross attention
App started successful. Use the app with http://127.0.0.1:7865/ or 127.0.0.1:7865
ssh: connect to host 77.166.21.118 port 22: Connection timed out
kex_exchange_identification: Connection closed by remote host
Connection closed by UNKNOWN port 65535

0 Kudos
Athirah_Intel

Hi RonvdDuyn,

We have informed the relevant team about this issue for further investigation and will update you as soon as possible.

Regards,

Athirah

0 Kudos
Athirah_Intel

Hi RonvdDuyn,

May I know are you able to access the system using the standard ssh command from the "how to connect" section in your profile for your instance?

If you are able to connect, please submit a service request through Intel Customer Support to request an opening port of a specific port for the Intel® Developer Cloud instance.

1.      For Intel® Developer Cloud Console, any port can be opened upon request.

2.      Submit a service request through Intel Customer Support to request an opening port for the Intel® Developer Cloud instance and provide the following information.

• Source IP: Addresses/ranges requested that you should be able to access your application directly from the Internet. (If the customer wants to allow traffic for certain public IPs they should be here).
  • Destination IP: Tenant IP. (This is provided by the Service Desk once the VIP is created, but we need the Tenant IP from the customer).
  • Destination Ports: The port is your application running on. Port types (TCP, UDP) and port numbers should be high ports (1023-65535).

Regards,

Athirah

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Athirah,

I don't use a VM instance. I'm just using the free dev cloud environment. I don't think i'm able to request any port opening in that environment though.

read tcp 10.10.10.12:38588 is restricted in there. It would be nice if port 38588 could be opened of me, is that possible?

Thank you for helping.

Regards,

Ron

0 Kudos
Athirah_Intel

Hi RonvdDuyn,

We are checking this issue with the development team for further investigation and will update you as soon as possible.

Regards,

Athirah

0 Kudos
Luwe_Intel

Hi RonvdDuyn,

Thank you for your patience. For your information, we are unable to proceed with your request as it is only possible for us to open a port if only there is a Bare Metal instance. We apologize for any inconvenience caused.

Regards,

Luwe

0 Kudos
Athirah_Intel

Hi RonvdDuyn,

This thread will no longer be monitored since your question has been answered. If you need any additional information from Intel, please submit a new question.

Regards,

Athirah

0 Kudos