oneAPI Registration, Download, Licensing and Installation
Support for Getting Started questions related to download, Installation and licensing for Intel oneAPI Toolkits and software development tools.
1306 Discussions

Can't install Fortran Compiler 2023.2 on Windows 10

ElseIfThen
Beginner

I can’t seem to install the Intel Fortran 2023.2 compiler on Windows 10 (w_HPCKit_p_2023.2.0.49441_offline), I only get a blank window (even no window decorations) after the prerequisites check; the oneAPI installer has frozen completely and can only be killed from the task manager.

On the command line (bootstrapper.exe) I get an error:

Installer failed with error Failed to create package manager database location.

What is going wrong and how can I solve that?

Edit:

A colleague made me aware of this thread: https://community.intel.com/t5/oneAPI-Registration-Download/Intel-Fortran-installation-hangs-on-splash-screen/m-p/1379087#M2876

I tried EVERYTHING in that thread in various combinations including:

REGSVR32 /U C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\VisualStudio\Setup\x86\Microsoft.VisualStudio.Setup.Configuration.Native.dll
REGSVR32 /U C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\VisualStudio\Setup\x64\Microsoft.VisualStudio.Setup.Configuration.Native.dll

as an admin, renaming those dlls uninstalling EVERYTHING regarding Visual Studio and previous Intel Fortran/Parallel Studio and whatnot – same result: after the check of requirements a completely blank "IntelⓇ oneAPI HPC Toolkit" window appears (no window decorations, no possibility to interact or even close the program other than killing it). Now I'm left with no Fortran Compiler and no Visual Studio installation.

Please. Help. Me.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
ElseIfThen
Beginner

New info: this blank window seems to have some content that just isn't displayed. I can drag it when I grep the upper part of the empty white window, and apparently, I can also interact somehow with it using the keyboard. Does anyone have a screenshot of the first oneAPI installer window so I can guess where the relevant buttons would be? Or are there some keyboard shortcuts to proceed with the installation?

Edit:

Fiiiiiiinally! After having uninstall everything Visual Studio and Intel, I managed to install Fortran compiler 2023.2 via command line (as the installer window was still unusable because empty):

d:\temp\extract\bootstrapper.exe -s --action install --install-dir=d:\i23 --components all --download-cache D:\temp\download_cache --eula accept --log-dir d:\temp\extract

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Barbara_P_Intel

I'll move it for you to "oneAPI Registration, Download, Licensing and Installation" Forum!

0 Kudos
ElseIfThen
Beginner

New info: this blank window seems to have some content that just isn't displayed. I can drag it when I grep the upper part of the empty white window, and apparently, I can also interact somehow with it using the keyboard. Does anyone have a screenshot of the first oneAPI installer window so I can guess where the relevant buttons would be? Or are there some keyboard shortcuts to proceed with the installation?

Edit:

Fiiiiiiinally! After having uninstall everything Visual Studio and Intel, I managed to install Fortran compiler 2023.2 via command line (as the installer window was still unusable because empty):

d:\temp\extract\bootstrapper.exe -s --action install --install-dir=d:\i23 --components all --download-cache D:\temp\download_cache --eula accept --log-dir d:\temp\extract

0 Kudos
Vipin_Singh1

Hi Thomas, thank you for your confirmation. We are glad that the issue has been resolved.  

If you have any further queries, please post a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored by Intel®. 

0 Kudos